Get ready to say HELLO to Summer and more good times at the Alameda County Fair! The Fair returns June 15-July 8 for an 18-day run over four weekends.
The Fair’s Carnival takes center stage in 2018 with the addition of a brand new, cross-grounds Sky Ride. The attraction features 70 passenger gondolas that offer riders an exciting, bird’s eye view of the Fair. The ride will extend from the Green Gate main entrance to the Kids Park at the Yellow Gate entrance. Tickets are sold online now, or at the ride, and priced at $5 for one-way and $8 for round-trip.
Also new for thrill-seekers is the TURBO, a super fast, adrenaline-rush ride with upside-down, free flipping action at 120 feet in the air. Take a spin, if you dare! And for the first time, carnival fans can get even more of what they love with the new Fast Pass – a priority entrance line for all rides, with no waiting. Fast Passes are available online now or at the gate for just $10 and are good for the whole day.
The 2018 Big O Tires Concert Series lineup offers something for every musical taste with Blue Oyster Cult, Shaggy, En Vogue, Clay Walker, 38 Special, Smash Mouth, Sir Mix-a-Lot, Con Funk Shun, The Tubes, LeAnn Rimes and WAR. Popular tribute bands include Boys of Summer (Eagles,) Queen Nation (Queen,) Purple Reign (Prince,) Journey Revisited (Journey) and Super Diamond (Neil Diamond.)
Ticket prices vary by show & section and include Fair admission. Tickets for some shows are available now, with additional shows to go on sale each week. Visit alamedacountyfair.com for more concert information.
No Bull – They’re Back! The Fair’s Opening Day Cattle Drive, where real-life cowboys and cowgirls guide a mighty herd of steers through Downtown Pleasanton returns for an encore. The event will start at Del Valle Avenue and head on to Main Street at approximately 10:30AM on Friday, June 15. Once again, select downtown restaurants and retailers will be giving away free Fair tickets while supplies last and the Museum on Main will provide fun activities for kids. Wild West Weekend festivities will continue at the Fair through Sunday.
The Fair will offer three popular “Racing & Tasting” events this year – a different one each weekend:
- Red, White & Craft Brew Fest – Saturday, June 23
- Sip, Savor & Wager Wine Festival – Saturday, June 30
- Craft Cocktail Festival – Saturday, July 7
All events are held at the Stella Artois Grandstand infield track from 2PM to 5PM and offer unlimited sampling, live horse racing & wagering, food, lawn games and more. Tickets are available soon through the Fair’s website. Must be 21 or older.
Fair Foodies can be found at SNACKDOWN FRYday, where the Fair’s own food vendors roll out their most outrageous new creations to compete for the prized championship belt. KCBS’ Foodie Chap, Liam Mayclem hosts the popular live event on Friday, June 22 at 2PM at the Fair’s Grandstand Stage. Snack seekers will also enjoy $2 Fair Food Bites when fun-sized servings of select Fair treats will be offered for just two bucks — every Thursday from 11AM to 5PM.
- Live horseracing returns to the Fairground’s historic racetrack on Opening Day, June 15 for 15 full days: June 15-17, 21-24, 28-30, July 1, 4, 6-8.
- Monster Truck, Demolition Derby and Extreme Rodeo all return to the Action Sports Arena, with a different show featured each weekend. Extreme Freestyle Motocross (FMX) shows run daily. Select premium seats are available for purchase for Monster Trucks and Demolition Derby (tickets include Fair admission.) See website for details coming soon.
- The Fair celebrates Father’s Day on Sunday, June 17, with free admission for dads until 5PM.
- Festival Latino with Univision returns on Sunday, June 24 with live music, dancing, entertainment, games and more.
- The Junior Livestock Auction will be held on Sunday, July 8 at 8AM at the Livestock Pavilion.
- Fair Favorites will be back including exhibits, animals, food, rides, games, pig races, Kids’ Park & STEAM Weekends, special event days and more.
For more information including schedules, Discount Days and concert & special event ticket info, visit the Fair’s website at www.alamedacountyfair.com.