My love for radio started long before I can even remember, but by the time I was in the 9th grade, I just knew for sure. My journey started at Chabot College in Hayward and then I landed this sweet overnight job at 101.7 KKIQ. I eventually decided I needed a piece of paper that showed I went to college for 4 years, so off to San Jose State University (by the way, that 4 year degree took 11 years. So, don’t ever give up on your dreams!)
We (you and I) have been hanging out at 92.1 KKDV for quite a while now and I think that’s pretty cool. There’s been one major change since I hopped on-air at KKDV and that’s…Kids. So, here’s what that all means:
Things that have changed since having kids.
- I have more gray hair
- I get less sleep
- I raise my voice more (and do a lot of counting)
- Sometimes it looks like I just rolled out of bed
- I’m always running late (takes longer to leave the house)
Things that haven’t changed since having kids.
- Married and happy
- People still mistaken me for Michelle (by the way, if you know my doppelgänger, please put us in touch!)
- I still don’t like spiders (Eek!)
- I like wearing pajamas all day (when possible)
- I love coming to work at 92.1 KKDV!!