Help keep families free of violence in Contra Costa County. Volunteer with STAND and make a difference in our community.
Volunteers are vital to STAND! They offer varied perspectives and fresh approaches to issues, increase the quality of our services, make it possible to expand our wide range of programs and improve our community relations. In addition to making a meaningful contribution to one’s community, our volunteer positions are opportunities for you to learn and/or further develop job skills, as well as build on your work experience and expand your skill set in the areas of leadership, community organizing, peer counseling, public speaking, community outreach and more! We have a number of volunteer positions to fit a variety of interests and skills. See what works for you.
When you volunteer at STAND!, you can:
- Make a meaningful difference in your community
- Contribute to STAND!’s mission to build safe and healthy families
- Have flexible options and opportunities that fit your schedule
- Build relationships and networks that last a lifetime
With every volunteer position, we ask our volunteers to adhere to three core responsibilities: (1) Commitment, (2) Code of Ethics and Confidentiality Policy, (3) Communication. Read more
To get started:
1. First fill out and submit our Volunteer Application
2. Once you have submitted the Application, please schedule a 1 hour in-person interview with our Volunteer Coordinator. You can schedule the interview by completing the form here. At this interview, you will enroll in volunteer training.
(Please note: 2018 Training dates have been announced and can be viewed herehttp://www.standffov.org/volunteer-training-info)