Join us at the D4D Nylabone Training Center for the Type YOU Support Group
Everyone’s life with insulin-dependent diabetes is unique. All face challenges each day in managing their disease. The large community of persons with diabetes at D4D have enjoyed the company of others dealing with their disease, even without the common interest in our medical-alert assistance dogs.
D4D would like to open up this community to the public and is therefore developing this support group. Join us and meet others dealing with the same issues.
Donate to Dogs4Diabetics Online, now!
Donate via Mail:
Donate by sending your check to our mail address at:
Dogs for Diabetics, Inc.
1647 Willow Pass Road, #157
Concord, CA 94520-2611
There are many companies willing to match a percent of their employees’ charitable contributions, while others will match 100%! Some companies even match the gifts of spouses or retirees.
Check out the list of Bay Area companies that have matching gift programs, or contact your local Human Resource Department to find out whether your company has a charitable match program.
Use eScrip when you shop: Contribute to D4D at no cost to you with eScrip! Search for group name “Dogs for Diabetics” and follow the screen instructions to start supporting D4D.
Recycle Cans for Canines: Come by the D4D Training Center with your recycling and our volunteers will prepare it for the recycling center and turn it in each month. Or collect your own recycling and turn it into a donation for D4D.
Save Pennies for Puppies: Pick up our special savings bank at D4D and collect loose change at home, work or school or from an interested business. Return the cans to D4D for conversion into a donation or send in a check for the money that you collect.
Dogs4Diabetics is seeking your help in the following ways:
- Financial contributions: Make a online donation to D4D now. You can make a one time gift or set up regular monthly contributions through GiveDirect. Or mail your donation by check to our mailing address noted above.
- Workplace Contributions: D4D is a participant in United Way and the Combined Federal Campaign. Sign up and give on a monthly basis
- Corporate sponsorship: D4D is capable of bringing the uniquely special bond between a diabetic and a dog to many different commercial mediums. Contact our leadership team to find out how to develop a sponsorship. See our page describing various Sponsorship Opportunities.
- Foundation Grants: Our program addresses a variety of issues that meet the objectives of many Foundations, from working with a chronic disease to supporting youth, animals and persons with a disabling condition.
- Fundraising Events: Our staff not only loves dogs but also loves to share their companionship and talents. If you are planning an upcoming event in which our volunteers or dogs could participate, contact us to schedule our attendance.
- Donate your Car, Truck, Boat, RV or Motorcycle – Running or Not!!! For more information, contact Car Donation Services at 1-888-686-4483 or click here to donate directly. Get rid of that unneeded vehicle and receive a tax deduction! Be sure to designate “Dogs for Diabetics”as your charity of choice.
- Bequests: Contact our leadership team to discuss bequests and various ways to support D4D in the future.
- Memorial Gifts: Donate any amount of funds by check and request a Memorial Card to be sent to the honored family. See how we can honor your family or friends through a Memorial Donation acknowledgement posted on our website. Or Donate Online Now and include the name of the honoree in the comments section.
- Service Club Outreach: D4D volunteers, clients and dogs enjoy telling their stories to service clubs. Contact us to arrange a visit or to develop an event for your organization to host.
THANK YOU to each and every donor. Your donations, large and small, contribute to the success of our program!